Do It Yourself (what lawyers call Unbundled Services or Limited Representation Services), lets you to get help from an attorney for only
specific parts of the case.This is instead of having me do the whole case. You can then keepyour costs down by handling the areas that you are capable of, and help where you need it
This is a big step up from using forms on the internet. You first meet with me to determine what you can do on your own and what I need
to help you with. In other words, I help you understand right from the beginning what is going to be needed.
You should note that doing it yourself means that you could mess it up badly. I always believe that, except in the simplest of
cases, it is best that you have a lawyer from the beginning to the end. But if you cannot otherwise afford a lawyer's help, it unbundled services are better than
Some examples of unbundled services are:
- Explaining the process;
- Giving advice or explaining
- Drafting your Petition or Answer;
- Preparing for
- Reviewing and drafting letters;
- Helping you negotiate a settlement;
- Obtaining temporary child or spousal support;
- Helping you with financial disclosures.
- Appearing in court for a specific day.